Tuesday 1 January 2008

2008


God bless her and all who sail in her.
Christmas is past (although the decorations are still up, see above) - feeding between 5 and 15 for 6 days is no joke and even the 6 bedroom house was pushed to the limits, but I got the sofa by the log fire so was a happy bunny - and needless to say FBSG work was halted for the duration.

What will the new year herald? Last year's plans got somewhat delayed, didn't finish Christ's Hospital monograph, didn't finish FBSG, BUT did achieve many things I had no intention of doing in the first place. And I'm not even Irish.

So here goes. In 2008 I am determined to finish FBSG (we've already got some interviews fixed for February) and Christ's Hospital - although now I have another project to complete by the end of this month about the Stations of the Cross, and, rather excitingly, have been pulled on board for a Japanese exhibition about FB. Don't get sidetracked Libby - I hope to finish the academic writing by the end of this month, the design work by the end of February, review the rushes and plan the editing and script Libby verbiage in March and perhaps get Charles started on the editing April. We've still got Gareth to film May(ish), so possibly get everything completed end of July? Writing this down makes it seem more possible or at least gives me something definite to aim for (ah, the wonderful sound of deadlines swooshing past). I also want to find sponsorship for the Reyntiens project (see 17 November, Glory of Glass), and get my SGFA and William Morris papers published. And I'm going to return to taking more exercise and doing more art work, drinking more water, drinking less wine. And listening to more music, and continuing to cook up storms. And continuing to enjoy life to the full. How's that?

Rhetorical dear boy, rhetorical.
MEMO: Never start a sentence with AND or BUT! :-)

No comments: