Tuesday 23 September 2008

Gareth


I couldn't resist a run along the beach this morning - and it was joyful, so clean, fabulous rock formations, seaweed strewn as if by hand evenly across the rolling outcrops and between rockpools. After a stroll down Mumbles pier and along Newton Street we drive to Carmarthen area to film Gareth, and Charles has already spotted his lunch - a fish and chip shop by the name of Dick Barton - unfortunately we drove past before it opened so much grumps from himself.








Gareth has produced a truly beautiful sensitive cartoon from the scruffy photocopy I sent him of Girl with a Bowl, and has made a great start on cutting and putting together the glass pieces. We filmed him drawing on the cartoon and then he did his 'here's one I made earlier' routine, and also explained about different sorts of glass, colour balance, lead calmes - all highly successful. I'm hugely excited about my Bing/Tiffany/Brangwyn panel! The next episode will be sometime January 2009. Photos show work in progress.










Dick Barton was open on the return journey so CM INSISTED on stopping, buying a bag of chips, and being photographed with same. Unfortunately he was SO excited by the quality of the produce that he wouldn't stay still, which explains the slight blur (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Actually, I'm not a chip lover by any stretch of the imagination, but have to admit they were truly scrummy - in fact I ate 2!

Superb evening meal in the hotel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had I but known that Charles is such a lard addict, I would have offered to deep-fry the Clevedon fruit cake!