Sunday 1 July 2007

1 July 2007 Frustration, frustration, frustration


Or should it be rabbits, rabbits, rabbits, and a pinch and a punch. Mike thinks the music will be ready by the end of July (a capella, interweaving melodic lines with passages of dense chromatic harmony - sounds wonderful), so time to organise a recording session. All I have to do is liaise with Mike, Andrea and Charles. Poor Andrea has to co-ordinate the diaries of her eleven choir members, book the church where they usually record, and liaise with me. And we are going round in proverbial circles which reminds me why I like working alone, had my fill of committees and reinventing the camel years ago. Artist in the garret syndrome for me - actually a ground floor room with a beautiful unhindered view past my yellow flowering hypericum and yellow clambering roses across poppy filled fields! Bliss.

Sad news yesterday. Ruth Artmonsky rang to say that Brenda Rawnsley had died suddenly of a heart attack. Brenda sounded such a character and we had been hoping to film her. Ruth wrote a wonderful book and curated an exhibition about Brenda's forays into art - The School Prints. A Romantic Project (2006).

No comments: