Monday 16 July 2007

music, music, music

Wonderful - Andrea emailed me today to confirm that she has booked the recording venue for Sunday 18 November and she has a full choir ready to stand on a horseshoe. Charles will be there manhandling his sooper-dooper new surround sound microphone with which to perform recording justice. Mike Westbrook will be on hand to give the young ladies a final fillip, and I'll be there as bag-handler extraordinaire. Did I lose my vocation in life, or have I just found it?

So, a sudden burst of adrenalin! Although another delay in my self imposed timetable!

Plus I've got the Dublin filming trip sorted (5-8 August) - living near the Channel I'm used to rather better deals than appear to be available Holyhead to Dublin (no point in going by air because we'd have to pay a second mortgage on the weight of the camera equipment). So it's Kent to Lincolnshire, thence to Anglesey (meeting Jeremy - great guy, long, lanky, drole, dry sense of humour - helped me massively with Bangor collection), across to Dublin where Charles has challenged me to sipping a Guinness (not exactly my tas de the unfortunately so be prepared for a GRITTED TEETH smile), mad dash round the Iveagh related sights and FB's stained glass window, back to Linolnshire etc etc.

See you in Dublin - if not before. If you spot us - we'll treat you a drink!

No comments: