Saturday 2 February 2008

FABULOUS FEBRUARY FLYABOUT FORAY

Got the chair - where's my crew?


With abject apologies for flagging the incorrect title previously!

Armed with my special FFFF folder (FFFFF) mit pretty pink label, I arrived at Film Farm (FF) on a wonderful sunny Saturday to be greeted as usual by Muriel and Dot. After catching up with their news, Charles I had lunch, over which he expounded on the recent techy exhibition he had attended (Broadcast Live & Video Forum at Earl's Court 2), in particular the podcast seminar. I had been contemplating how I could reach a wider audience with my lectures (since the fees marginally lessen the hole in my pocket resulting from my independent research projects). Would a podcast be the answer?

We mulled over possibilities whilst making marmalade for Hare in the Gate enterprises, this particular batch being named Groundhog Marmalade in honour of the day.

Like Topsy (not Morris) the idea grew, became totally unassociated with the initial scheme, took on a life of its own, and by Sunday evening we had evolved the idea of a general arts podcast along the lines of a radio magazine programme, taking in art exhibitions, book revues, poetry, music, food, the inevitable Brangwyn soundbite, and a rant. It is to be titled DRIFTWOOD.

Being incapable of resisting a challenge has led me into many strange activities including marathon running, triathlons, frisking round in Dawlish cove in distinctly cold weather, and writing film scripts. I have more than sufficient on my platter as it is without taking on more responsibilities. Am I completely barking? Answers on a postcard.
Have you noticed the favicon on my website? Isn't that fun? A design FB stencilled on the exterior of Bing's Galerie L'Art Nouveau in Paris, 1895, no less!

No comments: