Thursday 3 April 2008

Mad March


It certainly was a wild one, wet and windy, and an endless Operation Stack (that's when they use the M20 as a car park for lorries - this time it lasted weeks partly due to the frightful weather and partly due to French strikes).
Work continued nonetheless, and my latest booklet, 'A Humble Offering to the People of Walthamstow'. Being a Short History of the Formation of the William Morris Gallery and Brangwyn Gift (certainly not a short title) went into production the middle of the month (pictured above). If you'd like to purchase a copy email me (£4 plus 50p post and packing). I also completed the film script for the Northampton window and the 1st DRIFTWOOD script (first mentioned in blog dated 2 February 2008).
And then it was Easter, rather an exhausting process, collecting the grandparents from Bristol and Scarborough areas, feeding 8 for a period of 5 days, and then delivering the oldies back home again afterwards. The highlight of the weekend was my elder son announcing his engagement - a due cause for celebration.
And then on to 3 1/2 days extremely intense work at Film Farm. I managed to get my daily run in before breakfast, but after that there was no let up - one evening we finished at 11.30 (way past my normal bedtime!) However we did succeed in launching my new website http://www.libbyhorner.com/ and also the podcast DRIFTWOOD which I think is great fun, but then perhaps I'm biased! Go have a look and a listen and let me know what YOU think! If you'd like to make any contributions, highlight local exhibitions, a book publication, a musical event or have a rant about the art world - just let me know. It can't be all bad because it was immediately accepted into the illustrious iTunes Podcast Catalogue (Arts). Wowzers! (Just click on the word Driftwood above to access)

We also succeeded in recording my blurb for the Northampton film and going through the script in detail, but did take a small break to visit the Tastes of Lincolnshire fair in nearby Horncastle, where I was introduced to the delights of smoked eel c/o Smith's Smokery and bought myself some Lincolnshire Poacher - a superb cheddar which was first produced in 1992 and was named Supreme Champion at the British Cheese Awards in 1997 against 500 other cheeses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lincolnshire Poacher - a great cheese - you can't beat it - 'cos it runs too fast! - [only kidding]