Monday 7 April 2008

Winter Wonderland

I set out from Kent yesterday morning in bright sunlight and wearing only a T-shirt (well, plus jeans) all set to visit Rachel in London and collect my newly purchased set of The Studio magazines. As I left I noticed a few drops of rain - within half an hour the countryside was blanketted in snow and the fast lane of the M20 was white. London was just the same, all the suburban rooves frosted like fairy cakes, tree branches drooping under the weight of the snow. Under Rachel's expert guidance the car was soon loaded with my 108 volumes plus two index volumes, and after a jolly lunch I set out again for Kent. By this time the snow had disappeared in London but as I entered Kent it started snowing again, almost blizzard conditions at times. By the time I reached home the landscape was a winter wonderland, and with that glorious silence which comes with snow.
Today the bookshelves were emptied and The Studio given pride of place. Also provided an excellent opportunity to re-organise my books, but there just isn't sufficient space for everything!
Accompanying photos show the snow in the garden and my wonderful new acquisition (left hand side of the bookshelves).

No comments: