Tuesday 29 April 2008

Quarters

Go on, you're kidding me - we're 1/4 way through the year already? Aaaaargh!
Well, the 2nd edition of DRIFTWOOD is published, and I've written the script for the Tiffany section. When we met up at Film Farm 24 April we recorded all my dialogue for that section and re-recorded Northampton because I'd enlivened it a tad - hopefully. Unfortunately it transpired I hadn't got sufficient images to keep the dialogue going in the Northampton film so when we started editing, the whole thing sort of unravelled and we didn't get very far, and my photo of the memorial plaque had camera shake, so I was somwhat in the doghouse - hey, give me a break, I'm comparitively new to this game. Anyway another lesson learnt and good job this isn't the Apprentice - otherwise I'd have been FIRED!
However we did produce a rather lovely opening page which will be used for each section, including the Brangwyn Portfolio wrapper design (rather Batik looking), a relevant quote and a logo which identifies each window in both the film and the PDF files.
The good news - there is some? - is that we've been commissioned to produce a DVD about another artist (NOT Brangwyn) which is all rather exciting but under wraps at the moment, but needless to say, it ended up monopolising most of our precious few days, brainstorming and so forth.

Meanwhile Gareth has family problems so the project could possibly be delayed yet again on the Welsh front. Another heartfelt AAAAARGH!

No comments: