Monday 21 April 2008

Northampton

On my monthly trip up north to visit my mother I dropped in to the United Reformed Church to take a photo of the photo they have of the Minister at the time of FB's window (long winded sentence), take a photo of the plaque in memory of those killed during WW1 since the window commemorates them and one soldier in particular, and photograph the atrium behind the east window. Ruth very helpful as usual. I mentioned that I was then progressing to West Bridgford, Nottingham where the architectural prototype of this church is rumoured to be. I was under the impression that said prototype was CofE and so had narrowed down my list of churches in that area. Ruth wasn't so sure, tried ringing the previous Minister but unfortunately he was out.

Arrived at Nottingham. St Giles was castellated so no good, the church on Boundary Road too modern, but a URC I happened to drive past looked a possibility. Unfortunately didn't have time to return because was due in Thornton.

No comments: